Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Excessive and hypocritical censorship

DavidDeyo opened this issue on Jul 14, 2004 ยท 44 posts

DavidDeyo posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 1:10 PM

I realize this discussion is somewhat academic without having the rendering in view to discuss. I am curious to see how folks react once I have a chance to distribute the image to them. If I can attempt this without much difficulty, let me try to encapsulate the problem as I see it. In the pose set used, one man is reclining on the ground, knees bent with his feet flat on the ground, legs parted. The other man is kneeling between the lower man's legs, leaning over him as if to kiss him. Both men are reaching to touch one another's torso. Although I made very slight adjustments to head angles to accentuate the impending kiss and changed facial expressions, the poses were used unaltered. Now, until you see the image, you'll have to take some of this on faith for now. But although the upper man is leaned over his partner in what at first appears like missionary position, there is no visible contact taking place. You can see a gap that separates the pair between their torsos. You can clearly see that the man in the above position has his hips at a position that is simply unable to engage any point of entry given the pose of the man below. As I said before, neither man has his genital models included, but even if one supposed that either or both were erect, you cannot assert that any body contact is being made. One man is leaning over the other to kiss him. Since there is no torso contact, you cannot reasonably claim that they are engaged in any kind of sexual contact. They are certainly not positioned for intercourse and the gap between them would prevent any kind of simulated contact (a la frottage). Given the angle and shadows associated with the pair in the rendering, you cannot see either's groin or butt. But it is apparent that they are not engaged in intercourse, real or simulated. They are two naked men preparing to kiss. One happens to be leaning over the other in what only superficially looks like missionary position. But gay men cannot have sex in missionary position while the lower man's legs are not substantially elevated above their given position. I can easily understand how someone might, given only a cursory glance, suspect intercourse. But any reasonable study of the image quickly shows that this is simply not the case. The assertion that they are engaged in a simulated sex act is a stretch. I would like to know given these facts how any astute observer can say otherwise. Perhaps the moderators might want to share the reasoning by which they reached their conclusion. The pose came from one of the male-male sets sold here by rax. This is one of several such pose sets that he and others have for sale here. The only fundamental difference between the thumbnails in his store and my image is his thumbnails shows the two men in underwear. And as anybody knows, the wearing of underwear or the lack thereof is really irrelevant in deciding if a "simulated" sexual contact is being attempted.