Forum: Community Center

Subject: Hmmm

manleystanley opened this issue on Jul 15, 2004 ยท 24 posts

JeniferC posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 11:53 AM

I don't think my personal desires should over rule my business ethics. So, I'll just list info on our services, and not attack your services. Had youre post noted there are other services with competitive pricing, etc; I don't think the post would have been removed. The admin that removed the post saw it as an attack which is against our TOS, and a competitor getting free advertising instead of paying for banner ad. (Im sure in hind site they probably would have done it differently, but, unfortunately, we dont get the privy of hind site we were trying to make a decision). I'm sure you & other providers have plans that fit some people's needs better than ours--and vice versa. I think the value should determined by what the buyers needs are. So I encourage buyers to look around for what's right for them before buying. I'd like everyone to know that I'd be glad to customize plans for anyone that is interested--say if they need more space & bandwidth without a lot of extras. However, if people are just need space & bandwidth, I hope they'd look into our File Locker or File Locker Plus services since that may be better suited for them. I understand that the chart page may be a little confusing for some people. The "starter" plan is $14.95 a month and is a true web hosting package, not just a space for files. That means full service that has lots free features with options to add on mysql database, static ip and more. Below Ive listed all the info for the Starter: Browser based control panel, so site can be maintained from any Internet connection 150MB for Web Hosting with 5GB of Bandwidth transfer 5 email accts-10MB of storage (on its own mail server-not deducted from web space) cgi-bin php module 1 Domain name service (w/1 free alias) 1 sub-domain FTP access with multi-user level permissions Web Logs & Stats using industry preferred Webalizer ADD-ON for No setup fee & $10 a month each (shouldnt be needed on a starter) MySQL database Static IP Additional domains Additional emails $2 per month each without Setup fees Yes, some of the add-ons to the starter plan can get pricy if the buyer ignores the other plans that come with more for free. By moving into the next bigger plan, a person can save money (thats why its called a starter). Im an optimist so I believe in friendly competition. I guess its time I wake up and realize its the biggest oxy-moron that exists : ) I don't go to your site attacking your company, making false, libelous statements & expecting free advertising. If I did, I would expect to have my post removed. Jenifer