Forum: Community Center

Subject: Hmmm

manleystanley opened this issue on Jul 15, 2004 ยท 24 posts

JeniferC posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 3:46 PM

TD, sounds like a good deal to me. It makes me wonder how long the company has been around and how much longer it will be around and where's the catch (locked into contract, pre-paids not refundable, or tech support cost above allowance)... Given the cost, I don't see anyway they can stay in business. I'm sure we can drop prices for members to have to pay two years in advance. I know that some companies over sell their services, so it's not all available if you really wanted to use it to max all the time. Or they have high amounts, knowing that most people won't ever use that much and they really make their money off the people that barely use bandwidth or support. Not that this applies to the company your using, I'm just listing some of the variables that come into play with hosting. A quick web search also turns up a lot of hosting deals that appear worst. Why does anyone use them? There's a big list of possible reasons with that question. Reliability, service, support, trusted company, having other connections & services with the same vendor, etc. No one has to take this up. If you really want to use our service, but feel there's not a plan for you. Tell me what you want. If I can do it, I will. If I can't, then you've got a list of other providers from your web search that you can use. Website hosting is a business. Some of these businesses make money, and some don't. The ones that don't die off. I've worked for years at an ISP. I'm familiar with the cost of hosting which many newer providers don't understand. I've seen hundreds of web hosting providers start up and die off. I won't allow our web hosting to be run at a loss just to compete with companies that do operate with losses. I'm not forcing anyone to use our service. I know it's not the cheapest, but I believe it's a better quality of service. You may not believe that's true--we're all entitled to our opinions.