Fri, Sep 27, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 7:28 am)

Subject: Star Trek cloth for V3 anywhere ?

Holli ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 2:35 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 8:21 AM

Hello I am looking for Star Trek related cloth for V3. I found a lot already but all is for Posette only.

MaryK ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 2:52 AM

Closest I think you'll get is TrekkieGirl's stuff for V2

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 3:02 AM

Attached Link: TrekkieGrrrl

I have textures for V3 as well as V2, it is textures for the catsuit though, not "real" clothes, so you'll need the catsuit. And it is TNG based. If you want other series, I can't help you at present :o) (but why would anyone want anything but TNG? ;o) )

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Holli ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 3:05 AM

Hello "any" Star Trek would be fine. And for your question "why would anyone want anything but TNG?" Because it's cool and retro. Classic Trek is the thing I grew up with. When I was a child there was no TNG !

MaryK ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 3:14 AM

I know that ChaosDrgn2 will be working on some sometime this summer. Conversions of the P4 outfits at XCalPro and the older ones from 3DWolf(?). A matter of him getting the arms to fit properly.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 3:32 AM

Attached Link: The Netherworks

You might also consider Netherworks' Posette/V3 hybrid, V3's head on Posette's body, which would allow you to use the clothes for Posette while still have all the V3 facemorphs. It's available at the link above :o) Hehe and a lot of people will consider TNG retro too, after all that series ended more than 10 years ago :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

pwiecek ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 8:18 AM

I have a set of TOS textures for the Morphing fantasy dress. They contain no readme though. If I can figure out where I got them I'll post.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 8:22 AM

Check out CoreArts:

http://www.corearts.com/

He has Trek uniforms for M1/2 and V1/2, which you should be able to use on the V2 to V3 figure.

DTEMachine has some cool Voyager stuff, but I'm not sure which figures they're for:

http://www.dtemachine.com/

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 10:23 AM
Online Now!

Thanks for the links. TrekkieGirl asks why anybody would want any Trek but TNG. Well I prefer TOS because it was better written (real science fiction writers not soap opera writers), it wasn't top heavy with technobabble, and it wasn't politically correct. O.K. some of the acting was a bit hammy at times, but I grew up watching TOS and liking the main characters. However if you really want decent TV science fiction watch Babylon 5. It has the following things going for it :- imperfect world, personal agendas, ongoing storyline, sensible tech, no end of episode reset button (which all the next gen treks (DS9, TNG, Voyager & Enterprise are guilty of this)), good writing, good acting & it set the Gold standard for special effects in TV & Movie Sci Fi

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 10:54 AM

Actually the last 2 seasons of TNG broke the, until then, cardinal rule of the "reset button", starting more or less with Ship in a Bottle, where a character introduced in season 2 (Elementary, Dear Data) appears again, with references to what happened 4 years earlier. And with Birthright, part 1 and 2, the ongoing story about Worf takes off. It is true that it isn't an ongoing story the same way as B5 is, but on the other hand it means you can watch the Star Trek episodes in random order and still get a "full" story. Yes, TOS was highly controversial for it's age, the thought alone to have a russian and a japanese, along with gasp a black WOMAN on th bridge of a US (star)ship was something unheard of, and that alone makes TOS worth seeing. Better stories? Perhaps, I guess that depends on what you think is REAL Science Fiction, personally I absolutely LOVE the technobabble of TNG, mostly because it has hidden references to a lot of the people behind the scenes (as in the Jeffries Tubes, named after the head of the Props department, whose name was Jeffries) or places like the Boolean Cliffs, named after Cliff Boole, another participant "behind the scenes") For imperfect worlds, I think the later seasons of DS9 comes pretty close with the war going on. There are quite a lot of personal agendas there too - AND an ongoing storyline :o) Besides... my "why would anyone want anything but TNG" was written rather tongue-in-cheek ;o) - but I DO prefer TNG personally, probably because it was the first of the Trek series I saw. :o) =/= Voka a Bentel ;o)

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 12:12 PM

Next thing we'll be debating the significance of '47' in the series (yes, there's actually a website out there with every reference, it's one of the inside jokes..;) There were Enterprise uniforms in Freestuff, Corearts had a lot of the Voyager stuff (3dcc, back when it was around, had a lot of that), and Tony01701's Excalibur productions has a lock on the TOS stuff, though I'm not sure which models are supported (they're also in Freestuff).
I like 'em all, DS9 was a little harder to follow (miss an episode..miss a lot..;), but keep 'em coming.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 12:56 PM

TOS is my favorite. It wasn't a franchise then, and so could afford to take risks that the later Treks couldn't. TOS was edgy, for its time. Can't say that about any of the later Treks.

Of the new Treks, Voyager is my favorite. I know it's the red-headed stepchild of Treks, but to me, VOY came closest to capturing the warmth and chemistry of TOS.

Until it became the Seven of Double-D show, anyway...

MaryK ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 1:05 PM

DTEMachine and Excalibur's website is both P4

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 9:10 PM

You could take the template for the bodysuit and any ST texture and make your own in Photoshop.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

CoreArts ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 3:37 PM

i do have a v3 startrek outfit , go to animotions free stuff then go to star trek section, have fun

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.