Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Star Trek cloth for V3 anywhere ?

Holli opened this issue on Jul 22, 2004 ยท 15 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 22 July 2004 at 10:54 AM

Actually the last 2 seasons of TNG broke the, until then, cardinal rule of the "reset button", starting more or less with Ship in a Bottle, where a character introduced in season 2 (Elementary, Dear Data) appears again, with references to what happened 4 years earlier. And with Birthright, part 1 and 2, the ongoing story about Worf takes off. It is true that it isn't an ongoing story the same way as B5 is, but on the other hand it means you can watch the Star Trek episodes in random order and still get a "full" story. Yes, TOS was highly controversial for it's age, the thought alone to have a russian and a japanese, along with gasp a black WOMAN on th bridge of a US (star)ship was something unheard of, and that alone makes TOS worth seeing. Better stories? Perhaps, I guess that depends on what you think is REAL Science Fiction, personally I absolutely LOVE the technobabble of TNG, mostly because it has hidden references to a lot of the people behind the scenes (as in the Jeffries Tubes, named after the head of the Props department, whose name was Jeffries) or places like the Boolean Cliffs, named after Cliff Boole, another participant "behind the scenes") For imperfect worlds, I think the later seasons of DS9 comes pretty close with the war going on. There are quite a lot of personal agendas there too - AND an ongoing storyline :o) Besides... my "why would anyone want anything but TNG" was written rather tongue-in-cheek ;o) - but I DO prefer TNG personally, probably because it was the first of the Trek series I saw. :o) =/= Voka a Bentel ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.