Forum: Community Center

Subject: Responding to Correspondence from Customers....

spook opened this issue on Jul 26, 2004 ยท 38 posts

elizabyte posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 11:59 AM

Clint, I know this isn't your fault, and this is in no way personal. Please know that. But the fact is, there IS a problem, and whether or not the codemonkeys are able to reproduce it shouldn't really matter. Enough people have reported it, including screen caps and specific system settings and browser stats and lots of other stuff. The problem is real. The solution is not "How do we reproduce it", the solution is to use some other method of delivering the menu that will work cross-browser and cross-platform. This site is clearly not designed by designers, it's coded by programmers. Only a programmer would think, "Gee, there's a problem, I'll just screw around indefinitely with it until I can figure out why it's doing this," instead of, "Gee, there's a problem, I'll think of a different method of implementing this and not worry about why I can't reproduce it, so that the people who spend money here aren't being inconvienienced and troubled." sigh I really don't understand why this is so complicated and I definitely don't understand why it has to be determined that the images aren't being cached for many people. They're not, it's a problem, try something else. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis