Forum: Community Center

Subject: Responding to Correspondence from Customers....

spook opened this issue on Jul 26, 2004 ยท 38 posts

elizabyte posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 3:19 AM

I'm married to a codemonkey. I'm friends with many, many other codemonkeys. I know how they think. ;-)

I'm a designer. I know how customers think and how the front end of a website should work.

Finding out "what's wrong" is all fine and good for source code, but for web design the answer is not, "Screw around forever with your thumb up your butt while the customers complain and you wonder what's wrong." In web design the answer is, "Use a different method of delivery and keep the customers happy."

The answer here is not, "Tell customers to take a flying leap," or "Tell them we can't replicate the problem, thus implying that they're either crazy or lying." The answer is "Use something else that will work." Why is that such a difficult concept?

Fact is, I'm not having any problems since I changed my browser to Firefox (I quite recommend it; it's pretty slick). I'm just trying to make the Powers That Be understand some very, very basic and simple concepts of good customer relations and basic web design concepts (which, unfortunately, seems to be utterly lost on them).

bonni

Message edited on: 07/27/2004 03:22

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis