Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: poser is a valid tool rant {please dont read if you are sick of such rants}

DarkElegance opened this issue on Mar 10, 2004 ยท 59 posts

Argon18 posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 3:30 PM

I usually use a bunch of different programs to make the images better than 1 can alone. In the 3 I just mentioned I used Poser, Bryce, Adobe Illustrator and Paint Shop Pro. Each has stuff it does better than others and adds to the quality of the pic. But apparently that's not the kind of quality they want since I tried asking what I could to improve them and bring them up to "Epilogue Quality" and was told "I think the use of 3d programs is too obvious.... And I would get rid of the glowing stars and stuff as they look video-game ish." and "It looks to me like you have used Poser or another 3D modelling tool to render your figures and some other elements in the pictures." so that seems that recognizing Poser in an image is counted against it or even using a 3D program is a mark of shame among the majority of ppl there. You can do sloppy images in any medium, it's the amount of effort and care you put into them that provides the quality. But why single out 1 particular tool or technique? Isn't that like saying if you can tell a pallette brush was used in an oil painting that it's substandard?

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats