Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: poser is a valid tool rant {please dont read if you are sick of such rants}

DarkElegance opened this issue on Mar 10, 2004 ยท 59 posts

Argon18 posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 10:38 PM

Ok Sean then what are the standards? I know I get tired of comments like "cool image and nicely done!" they're nice but not very helpful and others that are negative but don't add anything like "that sucks" and such aren't worth very much either. I'll take criticism when it tells me how to improve the image but what I've been wondering is who is qualified to give advice on it? The 3 I submitted to Epilogue I got several that said "You need to have a good look through the galleries here and study the images. Get a general idea of the quality required" since most of the pics there were 2D and even those that were started with Poser seemed to be turned into 2D with extensive postwork so that it was more about comforming to a style used at Epilogue than what the artist wanted for the pic. I'm all for using as many tools, filters and techniques as possible to improve an image, but when does it go past fixing flaws and when does it become conforming to someone elses vision and not what the artist intended for it?

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats