Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Frustration

melanie opened this issue on Jul 18, 2004 ยท 18 posts

aeilkema posted Sun, 08 August 2004 at 8:17 AM

Why bother using it at all if you've got Poser. I didn't get the hang of it at first either, but after reading through the manual a bit, I'm getting much more done. The real thing that frustrates me that so much stuff in D/S doesn't work, even DAZ original stuff. A lot of the Mike & Vicky stuff I tried doesn't work out too well. Conforming clothes that don't conform, messed up hair, textures and propos out of place. Also I all seems so slow, especially when it comes to non DAZ stuff, the application just seems to choke on that. So I thought why bother trying it anyway? The only hope I had was using Bryce finally for importing my poser scenes, only to find out that you can't import poser scenes into Bryce directly, but always have to go through D/S. Well most of my Poser scenes don't turn out to well in D/S, so they're not going to look well in Bryce either. Since DAZ dashed all of my hopes on getting native Poser scenes into Bryce (only D/S scenes will do) and D/S still is such a mess, I've decided to stop bothering. DAZ's policy is what frustrates me really. Why not create direct pz3 support in Bryce 5. like Vue 4 has? Why go through all of this hassle in creating all of these tools needed? Why force me to use a application that isn't ready for use and won't be in a long time as far as I can tell. I don't need more applications and tools. Poser works fine for me, Bryce works fine for me, so all that is needed is real Poser support in Bryce. Not more conversion tools and such. Since DAZ is obviously not going to create direct Poser support in Bryce and D/S is very frustrating to use, I've decided to drop Bryce and D/S too. It's just a waiste of time, I don't have time messing all day with an application that's not doing it's job right. From now on I'll just stick to Poser and did get Vue 4 & Mover 5 too, recently. Those are way better then D/S and Bryce, no more messing around, all my time can be put in creating creations. It will take a long time before anyone ever pursuades me to use a DAZ application again and I do fear the worst for Bryce, will it be as frustrating as D/S is too in the near future?

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk