Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Remap a Character to Take Another Character's Textures ??

mathman opened this issue on Aug 09, 2004 ยท 10 posts

MachineClaw posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 7:11 PM

This is how I understand it, haven't put it to the test, but what I've been told. seam guides are of no use to you for the purpose that you are going for. Seam guides are like the last stage of uvmapping if that makes sence. if u have V2 the model, open uvmapper and point to the V2 obj file (don't remember exact name) you will then lay out the maps, head, body, fingernails, eyes etc you will save out a UVS file which is the positions of the uv coordinates used for the obj. close, don't save anything. now open up your elle obj file layout all the parts similarrly to the way V2 was, now load the V2 uvs file in the background. having both elle uv coordinates on top, and V2 in the background, now you move the various positions of the elle maps to where the V2 corrdinates are as extremely close as you can. this is where lots of coffee and time come in, your talking about every coordinate changed to match as closely as you can to V2's. you would then save out this NEW Elle_v2-mapped.obj file from UVmapper. copy the OLD elle.cr2 and make a new one called Elle_v2-mapped.cr2, open it up in a text editor and change all references to the old OBJ file for the new remapped obj file. copy the obj to the geometires folder and the new cr2 to where it needs to go..... and this is where I have no more information hahaha. eseentially now it's setting up the various poser files in the runtime and rsr file so that you can see it in the library etc. the whole object is not to regroup the model, or change the verts of the model, but how the UVs are positioned so that in poser Elle works as the model should, clothing etc, however the material placement (uv coordinates) are that of V2 so you can apply your V2 map to this new model. take with a grain of salt, not sure if I have all that correct, but basically. You should post a thread in the UVMapper forum at www.uvmapper.com and see if someone can give you menu settings, buttons ya push etc as I haven't gotten this far. I did get as far as the old uvs in the background and the new lays out on top, and it was SOOO messy and overwhelming I exited everything and went into the corner and rocked back n forth. That is why, your (1) is always the same responce, it's daunting. hope that helps, if you figure out some steps or clues, post um, information on the topic interests me but there is a lack of it out there.