Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Remap a Character to Take Another Character's Textures ??

mathman opened this issue on Aug 09, 2004 ยท 10 posts

MachineClaw posted Mon, 09 August 2004 at 11:26 PM

As to free version of UVMapper. Yes if you use UVS then you can have each body part a different color, or all V2 as blue, and elle as red, or whatever ya'd like. I forget how to do it, I don't have UVMapper installed at the moment. If you use a seam guid in the background then only the OBJ uvs can be changed in color, as the background would be a image and would show as whatever color they are. Can it be done with UVMapper free. Yes. Would it be easyer in Pro version, well, from the features list of Pro some of the tools would be helpful if not easyer. Some of the higher end applications have even more tools that help, but then ya pay for what ya get if that makes sence. DeepUV is about $300, UVMapper Pro $45 they both do different things. some of the same functions. can you do parts. yes. V2 is broken into parts Head and Body are seperate maps. unlike V3 where the body and head are one map. Like ynsaen pointed out this has to do with how ya want things layed out. one of the advantages of the way V3 was mapped is it's easyer to apply tatoo maps due to the way the mapping was done. again, there are different ways to do it, and it is an artform. 3d artist quotes: "I love to model, hate UVin'", "I love to texture paint, if UV maps are layed out logiclly", "UVin is easy it's just moving points around, modeling and texturing now thats HARD!" haha, things I've heard over time in Poserville. It is a very simple idea, but when ya get in there and muck around, you'll know if it's for you. Think about this. Elle is about 30k and V2 is about the same if I remember right. that's 30,000 polys, that's a whole lot of lining up and matching and eyeballing to do. Impossible, no not at all. You may need a straight jacket and a padded cell afterward, or maybe it's one of those easy things for you. Me I'd rather set a kid down and tell him or her that I would buy 3 video games for them if they could get all the dots n lines to match up. little rats could probably do it quick too. hahaha. poke around the www.uvmapper.com forum, read the guide, check the forum for UVMapper here at Rend, and ask questions. Mostly, make copies of all your files, and dive in, try it out.