Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another Tip That MIGHT Make Poser LOAD Much Faster!

Veritas777 opened this issue on Aug 16, 2004 ยท 43 posts

pdxjims posted Tue, 17 August 2004 at 7:40 PM

Christ in a handcar. Veritas777 found a tip that may make Poser run faster. It's entirely possible it works (though I haven't checked it, D/S doesn't run well with my setup). And people jump in to Daz bash and accuse Veritas777 for being a Daz supporter. First: Veritas777 was kind enough to post something he found that gets his Poser to work better. From a programming point of view, it might actually make sense since it could force something to load and stay resident that helps Poser to run. Thank you, Veritas777. Second: Daz isn't my favorite company in the whole world, but they aren't Satan either. Most of the stuff for sale there is fine. Sometimes they have the corporate grace of a one legged spider, but they don't eat babies for lunch. Third: Daz forum mods are also members here, and can post what the f*ck they want. So can any member until they get banned by the forum mods here. Since supporting Daz and bashing Daz isn't against the TOS here, I don't think that'll happen soon. But people could let a thread about a possible Poser speed-up stand for itself. Or at least TRY IT before they come and raise hell in the thread suggesting it. If you haven't tried the tweak, then shut up until you do. Finally: My stake. I sell at Daz. Also PoserPro's since I'm a whore who likes money and attention (like many other vendors). On the other hand, my best bud is Dodger, who's had a problem or two of his own at Daz (and here for that matter). I don't do Daz forums much, because they usually bore me, so I don't know who the mods are there. And I don't care. Thanks again, Veritas777, for the suggestion. And no kids, we aren't there yet. Here's a valium, take a chill.