Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Appeal for help for Veterans Archive

cedarwolf opened this issue on Aug 22, 2004 ยท 58 posts

Veritas777 posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 3:42 PM

Hey- why not make all these uniform sets and SELL THEM to raise money for the project? I think you would find that a lot of people would buy them. I purchased the super realistic "Briefing Time" B-25 model (comes on a CD with real B-25 flight manual, flight videos, etc.) for Flight Simulator 2004. The people who made the model set have made over $250,000!!! -selling it to raise money for their air museum. (Yes, Virginia, there are a LOT of Flight Sim Veterans out there!) Veterans are a POWERFUL force in terms of politics, money, etc. There are 25 MILLION veterans in the U.S. alone! Only Steve Shanks (Poserworld) are among the few who have noticed the interest in Poser historic military uniforms. Steve's uniforms are really good, and hope he continues it. I think a website offering Authentic and Accurate military uniforms (not sloppy, un-researched stuff) could do extremely well- especially if it was involved in a project supporting a Veteran archive, museum, etc. Vietnam Era Vet myself. I VOTE! and I SPEND MONEY!