Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Appeal for help for Veterans Archive

cedarwolf opened this issue on Aug 22, 2004 ยท 58 posts

cedarwolf posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 7:17 PM

I couldn't agree with the group more. Propery put forward, a library of factual and correct military regalia and equipment, in, as was said by Veritas777, "not sloppy, un-researched stuff," would be a great fund raiser for veterans organizations. Perhaps one of the sites that hosts files would be interested in creating a specific archive/link set for military regalia both free and for purchase. I stumbled across a site by el_jefe52 that offers military medals as poser props completely by accident while researching the concept. http://eljefe52.xidus.net/ I highly recommend dropping by there and taking a look at what is available. The site's owner says they will start scanning and converting unit patches and such as soon as they can afford to purchase them. Might I make the humble suggestion that those who have existing patches scan them and send them along so they can be converted? I am overwhelmed by the support from this community that this project has created. I honestly didn't think that we had a snowballs chance in Honduras at receiving any positive feedback. Let's keep these lines of communication going, ok? While I was Navy, not Marine, I still subscribe to their motto "Semper Fi!"