Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Product Showcase Gallery - What's up Spike

BlueBeard opened this issue on Aug 20, 2004 ยท 49 posts

butterfly_fish posted Tue, 24 August 2004 at 2:28 PM

Sounds like marketing promotion to me. So what? Maybe if this place gave more marketing opportunities, no one would feel the need to push the envelope in this area. And before you mods get snappy about that, you ought to think about what marketing opportunities exist for a non-best seller/ non-top 30 merchant, non-exclusive product. Obviously if Les or Rebekah posts an image, they probably used at least some of their own products. But what if I buy one of their products? Not everybody is going to know that they made the product unless I credit them. So I get a million IM's saying, "where did you get that gryphon, minotaur, etc.?" Sorry, I can't say or I'll get sent to the PS gallery. This is just getting more and more ridiculous. And FTR, I've never had anything moved to PS, never even had anything questioned. And I have attempted to credit everything I use in each image, because I LIKE the products I use, whether I made them or not. -Heidi

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam