Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ::: Girl vs. ALexa ::: POLL :::

aodor opened this issue on Aug 24, 2004 ยท 67 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 7:18 AM

"Did I miss anyone? lol" Koshini. I think Koshini v1/v2 are great toon products. VERY easy to work with, they morph decently (actually EXCELLENTLY if you consider the Capsces characters for Koshini are very versitile and unique) and K2 animates extremely well. I think the demand for Toon/Anime characters will only increase. I don't believe this is just a "fad" or Poser phase the scene is experiencing. Reason: money. Toon characters sell good for merchants, but far beyond that, they can make great money for artists/animators... there's much more of a demand for toon/anime style characters in things such as real-world animation (outside of Hollywood FX) and web-based flash animation than there is for realistic human figures. People who want a toon mascott for their website design will pay a respectable amount of cash, or people who are interested in making flash cartoons or even video games will seek out these figures. Toon figures are MUCH easier to animate and appeal more to the masses (the non-3D-critical eyes) than realistic ones do. Just look at the popularity of anime in Japan for a reference. It's BIG business. The Poser-world is just starting realizing the massive earning potential this stuff has for artists. Just my 2 pennies. ;-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.