Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3

Zigor opened this issue on Aug 26, 2004 ยท 65 posts

hauksdottir posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 12:20 PM

"This is flat untrue," The fact that DAZ makes a !DAZ folder and puts it in the Library before Character, Poses, Faces, Hair, etc, means that DAZ has indeed taken over the library. You can not move that folder if you want to use the Gen 3 figures. I want hair under hair and poses under poses and characters under characters... I don't want a !DAZ folder at the top level of the Runtime. It is not needed. It is the height of arrogance. As for being unvisible to the user? If that were true, why all the headaches and reports of x not working because someone dared to meddle with the arrangement that DAZ imposes upon the user? BTW, file structure is very visible to MAC users. As for Poser 5, DAZ may not want to admit it, but the reports are that many, many people are using it... like more than half the customer base. By creating conflicts with Poser 5, DAZ is excluding itself. They can mess with their own software. They can do whatever they want with the library of DAZ|Studio, insisting that their own products come first, work better, whatever. They can keep their micro-managing fingers out of my Poser setup. I do not own any Gen 3 figures. I have so far avoided anything with INJ/REM technology. I keep my Pose folder manageable... golly, it has real poses in it! The last female I rendered was Natalia, experimenting with a bas-relief look. The last male I morphed was Don, giving him a properly ferocious Aztec profile. These are great models. When looking at model/cost, I consider more than the out-of-pockets. There is customer support (4 weeks and no response to my email yet!!!!!) There is frustration (my stress levels have to stay within tolerances). There is ability to do what it is advertised to do (without buying 16 other packages). There is user friendliness (taking over my libraries is NOT friendly). There is tidiness (I wouldn't want a houseguest who came with 80 suitcases... and another 80 in which to put stuff not wanted). :pfffft!: Carolly