Forum: Bryce

Subject: Turtle Render

thuleke opened this issue on Aug 28, 2004 ยท 9 posts

Stephen Ray posted Sat, 28 August 2004 at 4:29 PM

Nice set-up thuleke, other that the remarks already stated, it is very convincing. Now I would like to say: Oh I agree Ornlu, I don't see this as a problem with TA, reflections or Bryce's smooth option. Bryce's smooth option will correct some of the unsmooth effect. But this particular model is in DFX format, the problem is the objects geometry. This object will have this unsmooth effect ( after it's been smooth in Bryce ), even when it's rendered normally. It's just not as noticeable. When you put it in a reflective environment, and render under TA, it just becomes more noticeable. Then you put some reflective properties to the object's material and it becomes even more noticeable. The only way to correct this, is to correct the object's geometry ( like you stated ). This is true with many format types, including OBJ and Bryce's local objects, if there are not enough polygons used in the model. The point is: the problem with the smoothing is not because of Bryce's smooth option, is not because of reflective materials or environments, is not because of TA, is not because of a problem with Bryce's render engine......It's because of the models geometry. To all.. if I'm sounding rude here..I'm sorry, I do not really mean to be. Now I'll step down from the podium....no need to applause....just throw me your hard earn money...lol

Stephen Ray