Forum: Carrara

Subject: Carrara 4!

Hoofdcommissaris opened this issue on Aug 31, 2004 ยท 95 posts

todd71 posted Tue, 31 August 2004 at 9:23 PM

the network rendering was a must...id have had to have given up if it hadnt been in the new version, but still...there should be more... 2 of the additions were already available (Transposer and CAD), so thats no real bonus..plus Transposer is only a bonus to people who have and use Poser... CAD...what am i going to do with that?..lol..id rather have the export to Flash available to me... Amapi was already available and theyre just upping it to 7..i got 6 i think when i got C3... ive got it, but its just too much to learn and not enough of an animation package for me to want to use... Terrain is nice...but still waits to be seen if something like Bryce wont do it better and let you import it... so out of all the new stuff the only thing i can see thats going to be sooper useful to me is Nework Rendering and the sound support (but that still remains to be seen)...and morph targets will be nice to be able to help animating things... what i want to be able to do is character animation..walk cycles..etc..scenes, movies, etc...the trees are nice but id like to be able to deform them a bit more in the tree maker...lol..maybe thats too much to hope for.. with the IK itd be kind of nice to have some preset joints..like 'elbow' or 'arm' and then i could tweak it from there if it didnt do exactly what i wanted... so for 200.00 ive got pretty much the same thing i had before only i can render it a bit faster and have blurry reflections...? im just not seeing the confetti parade yet...lol..i was excited more when there was the talk about it moving more toward the animation enhancements...maybe im just not seeing it...