Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: On the lookout - Furrette v2

libernull opened this issue on Sep 01, 2004 ยท 97 posts

Lyrra posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 12:55 AM

ok ..paraphrasing snippets from Bloodsong's excellent book, without in any way plagiarising.... to avoid cross talk with other figures with same-named morphs (like Tone on M3 and V3) you need to make one figure's morphs (not the dial, the internal name) to be different from any other figures morph's internal name. Or in other words if Tone on M3 calls morphs named 'tone' make your other figures morphs named 'tone z' internally and all will behave properly. Hopefully. Unless you use ERC...uh... To avoid cross talk with duplicate copies of a figure can only currently be done by loading a 'null' figure like the Universal Null by Bloodsong or the Millenium Null by Nerd(for figures using ERC) first and then loading your two figures. Or using poser5. Er .. as far as we know currently ... So I guess what I was mostly asking is 'did you give the morphs unique internal names that other commonly used figures don't have?' :) not that its a big deal .. I guess we all know about loading Null figures first nowadays.. right ahem (looks around) right? Lyrra ps .. yes I looked it up in the book ... thank ye gods for excellent indexing