Forum: Community Center

Subject: Abuses of sensibilites, and copyright infringements

VividViolet opened this issue on Sep 09, 2004 ยท 56 posts

BDC posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 11:04 AM

1. It may abuse sensibilites but this is not copyright infringements by Jenai21 on 9/10/04 10:03 A simple suggestion-> don't look....although many may not agree with the statement it still has a right to be said...whether we like it or not this site is a community and in a community there are different opinions and since the beginning of time art has been used to make political statements and art offends its just a fact in life if you don't like what you are looking at you are always free to turn away or maybe be creative yourself and address your own political views in an artistic manner...also a combo of photos is generally called a collage and if arranged in an original and creative way with the intent to make a statement by the poster or with permission of the original artist it is not copyright infringement and to suggest so is just wrong in all senses of the word...copyright infringement is a serious thing among artist and it's just not professional or nice to bandy the word around without anything to back it up...I'm just saying it the way I see it...if anyone is offended I apologize for your hurt feelings but not for my words because that is how people like me feel...Jenn Message edited on: 09/10/2004 10:06 If this is the case here, then please tell me why some are banned and "warned" for what they say here. After all if someone else does not like it, they can choose not to read it. Right? Its hypocritical to say we will warn and ban people for things they post here, yet turn around and then say, "oh its free speech and if you dont like it dont look at it."

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell