Forum: Fractals

Subject: Diversen

Fractelaar opened this issue on Sep 06, 2004 ยท 57 posts

Deagol posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 8:47 PM

It's sort of funny to see entries that complain about this tired topic followed by a nice long opinion about the topic, and then see the thread grow into the longest one in the forum. It goes to show that it still means something to a lot of people, including those who complain about it :)

Maybe I'll paste this entry into a .txt file so that I don't have to type it out again ;)

Like it or not, this place is structured to create competition. It has a hot 20 and the best and most galleries. I challenge anyone who has been in those places to honestly say that they didn't get a kick out of it. Like a drug, that kick can be hard to kick. We want to stay there or get back there again. I'm serious about that challenge. I would really like to know who doesn't enjoy having their work showcased in the hot 20 or best or most galleries.

Like I said before, the hot 20 is a popularity contest, but that doesn't mean that there is something wrong with what shows up there. The people who show up there consistenty, deserve to be there. They are popular because they make good art and they are well liked. What's wrong with that?

Also like I said before, I haven't had an image in the hot 20 for months. I'm not new. I have to conclude that I'm not popular, either because my work isn't that good or because I am not well liked. Either way, the direction to look is back at me, not at everyone else.

The system is what it is. Comments and votes are exchanged and friendships are made, but for the most part the system works. I'll still go to the hot 20 for a quick check of the best art (and to see if I'm there).

Keith

Message edited on: 09/11/2004 20:50