Forum: Fractals

Subject: Diversen

Fractelaar opened this issue on Sep 06, 2004 ยท 57 posts

CriminallyInsane posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 5:16 AM

Keith, after my experiment, I know the only way I will ever get into the Hot 20. If I NEVER get in there again then I will consider myself lucky to not be a puppet. Now for the bit where I piss people off again... Any group of 'friends' that base their relationship on commenting and voting for each other, isn't a group that I want to be a part of. Especially when they ostracize a 'friend' who dares to question their behaviour. The V thing wasn't even a problem until this year. Those of us who have been here longer will remember when it never happened. I personally miss those times because this whole gallery has gone downhill in the last year or so. Apart from a few exceptions most people seem content with just finding something that appeals to as many people as possible, and then replicating it on a daily basis. That isn't art, it's popularity. When you stop doing things for 'your' pleasure and start doing them for other peoples pleasure, then you are just a puppet. Apophysis is a fantastic program, probably my all time favourite, but it is also the worst culprit. I see wave upon wave of just plain 'bad' flame images posted. The real problem is that the 'friends' just plain lie to eachother. Telling eachother how fantastic each piece of crap is. Lauding it as the best thing since leonardo, Michelangelo or any other ninja turtle they remember. Is it any wonder that when you look through these peoples galleries you find that they are doing exactly the same thing that they were doing a year ago? Why change when you are apparently the greatest living fractal artist in the world? Here's a radical idea... Stop commenting on your 'friends' images for a while and see what happens... After all 'real' friends support eachother no matter what... How many people are willing to give up praise for the pursuit of better art? Don't bother answering that question beause I already know the answer. Just stick your head back in the sand and wallow in the praise. Matt. (If you think this harsh and over the top then go tell it to someone who gives a shit. You know...One of your friends). P.S. I'm not disillusioned anymore, just angry.