Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 *increases* Windows boot time?

whoopdat opened this issue on Sep 13, 2004 ยท 19 posts

whoopdat posted Tue, 14 September 2004 at 12:04 PM

Some quick thoughts to other posts, and not necessarily in the order they were posted: I do see imountsrv running now, so I obviously saw that one wrong. If it is indeed linked to the Windows installer, then no big deal. However, I don't see it on Black Viper's list, so, I'll go with what you said. Cool. Also, it's on auto, so it's not that (as you said it being on manual could be a problem), if that indeed could be a problem. However, outside of formatting and reinstalling Windows, installing Poser 5 and patching, rebooting, removing it, and rebooting, I couldn't do this test in a more controlled environment. I'll grant that there may just be some conflict somewhere between something (Windows? another program?) and Poser, and not necessarily the copy protection, but you can't ignore that the only time the symptoms are there is when Poser 5 is installed. As soon as it's removed, all symptoms vanish. That is very black and white. No other program or game has had this effect. I mentioned installing and removing Photoshop (as well as those things it leaves behind) had no effect. I've checked fonts, and there's been no new fonts installed since uh, well, when I installed Windows. I've been in font hell before, and I'm not there now. I considered the possibility that P5 just bloats the registry, but I haven't gotten around to seeing exactly how much it puts in the registry, especially since some of it can be a pain to track down. I considered running a registry cleaner as well, but I just haven't gotten that far yet. I rebooted only once because I wanted to "avoid" having interlok run, if it indeed was the case. I wanted to update Poser so that it wouldn't be there. Well, I've searched both drives and don't see the file, so that at least looks right. I've considered reinstalling, rebooting, patching and again rebooting, to see if it's any different, but I think next on the list is copying over a pre-installed copy. I'm not sure what to expect, but it will be interesting to see. Again, I don't have the answers, just saying what's happening. I'm trying to figure it out as time permits.