Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Where are my pictures?

Forevernyt opened this issue on Sep 16, 2004 ยท 393 posts

JeniferC posted Thu, 16 September 2004 at 8:07 PM

The galleries were not meant to be a place for contest, and contest there will not be allowed and would have never been had we even known. If someone wants to sponsor a contest, there are proper ways to do so. Renderosity could be held legally liable for something we didn't even approve or know was going on. The TOS does address a general term for using the site improperly. "Any practices that affect the normal operations of the community (Admins will take whatever steps are necessary to restore service)." When developing a Terms of Service, there is no way to know of every single way our service, site and tools could be misused. I will be updating the galleries info tomorrow to make sure everyone is clear. I've found a total of 6 contests (so far) in the galleries, which just started in the last 2 months. I'm cleaning them out so future members won't attempt to have independent contest outside of our approval and procedures. This is for everyone's protection, Renderosity, contest sponsors, and contest participants. I've notified those holding unauthorized contest to go through the correct channels so they can still exist. Renderosity loves having contest and we don't want to discourage anyone from sponsoring one or participating in one. However, we have to know there going on and they need to use the part of the site that's built for them. Images (if they don't break the tos are okay to repost with a title of it's own (instead of whatever contest) and no reference that it's a contest entry. This is for consistancy sake. We will be working with the members & merchants that want to sponsor contest to get them in the contest area. Thanks for all the understanding and not jumping to conclusions :) Jenifer Renderosity Admin