Forum: Fractals

Subject: Diversen

Fractelaar opened this issue on Sep 06, 2004 ยท 57 posts

CriminallyInsane posted Sun, 19 September 2004 at 4:52 AM

Like Harmen said...An option to turn off voting when you upload an image, like you can for comments and rating. It wouldn't cure the problem, but it would make those of us who would use it feel better.

Limit the uploads even more...It used to be 3 uploads per day and is now 1 upload per day. Personally, I would be happy with 1 upload per 'week', but it should definately be maybe 2 or 3 per week.

Let's face it, fractals take less time than other types of art to make. It is quite easy for someone to knock out 1 a day (whether they will be any good is a different matter).

Limiting it more will have two beneficial effects in my opinion...

1. You will have more time to create images and thus the results will be better and you will have more time to improve yourself and techniques and thus the results will be better. A win/win situation.

2. Those people who complain about not having time to view or comment because of the amount of postings per day will find it easier. Less images will be posted so you will have more time to look at them.

A knock on effect of this is that you will be able to leave more constructive comments because you have more time. This will also hopefully result in people improving more.

The answer is obvious to me, but whether or not it will ever happen is another matter entirely. I believe (correct me if i'm wrong) that the only reason the number of postings per day was reduced last time was because of bandwidth problems.
I doubt if Renderosity will reduce it further unless a similar problem arises...It's a shame really.

Matt.

(Not angry any more).

Message edited on: 09/19/2004 04:54