Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Sims 2! Makers of poser and daz could learn a lot...

bonnyclump opened this issue on Sep 19, 2004 ยท 15 posts

lmckenzie posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 12:19 PM

Interfaces for 3D apps do seem to be about as idiosyncratic as you can get. Everyone seems to have a slightly different way of accomplishing the same thing. As long as you can settle on one, choice is always a good thing. It's true what one person grasps easily seems muddled to another. I do wonder though, how much these companies invest in the type of usability testing that others do. Some of them have faces that only their original creator could consider intuitive IMO. I wasn't trying to compare Poser to other applications, just a specific function in Poser that other applications also have but implement differently. I agree that Poser should stay Poser and not try to become Maya or Max. A smooth pipeline to Shade and Vue is a much better strategy. I suspect that Daz should've concentrated on making better models as well but it's their money. If Daz, CL, the Vue folks and the Shade folks could all cooperate in a joint manner, they might be the AMD of 3D.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken