Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5-Why the hate?

Sarte opened this issue on Sep 20, 2004 ยท 57 posts

pdxjims posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 8:39 AM

Everybody is right. P5 was pure crap when first released. CL released it early and VERY buggy due to cash flow problems. We went through 4 service packs until we have a fairly stable product, although some few things still don't work. We had a beta release forum here, after the release. People who bought it before the problems were know were told they couldn't get a refund. Promised added content was never delivered. 3rd party support for Content Paradise wound up never happening beyond the 'sity. There's a hack to remove it now, discovered by a user. Not to mention the internal company problems that were aired here in the forums (layoffs, reorgs, etc). That said, it's a ton better than P4 (now). Firefly, although at times a pain, gives beautiful renders. The material room and new expanded library structure beat P4's all to heck. The hair room still has problems. The Face room is often difficult to work with. Daz, the leader in 3rd party content, won't support P5 specific products. I love my P5, but CL as a company has lost any kind of trust or respect. They've been "merged" (bought) by e-frontier, a Japanese company, since all these problems. However, I for one won't be buying any other product CL has a hand in until it's been out for 3 or 4 months and I can see if the first buyers go through the hell we did on P5.