Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5-Why the hate?

Sarte opened this issue on Sep 20, 2004 ยท 57 posts

maclean posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 3:29 PM

You know, when you boil the whole P5 thing down to it's essence, this is what you get. P5 finally works. It finally has a workable library system, plus multiple runtime access. The material room is terrific and firefly is capable of some great renders. And the rest? Well, the face room sucks, the hair room sucks, dynamic cloth is pretty iffy, content paradise is a joke, and the setup room was a PP feature anyway. Now, I won't make any predictions on P6, but here's what IMO, CL should (could?) have done with P5. Dump the face and hair rooms and shove content paradise where the sun don't shine. Concentrate on the material and cloth rooms, fix the memory leaks, lack of undo and the 1000 other screaming faults that make poser a nightmare to work with. I got P5 from the git-go, struggled with it, gave up on it, patched it and now find it 'usable'. But I wouldn't say it's a pleasure to use. It's barely tolerable, at least, comparing it to practically every other upgrade I've used. If I have to shell out good money for a P6 that fixes what should have been fixed a long time ago, I may just do it.... but it'll be a minimum of 6 months after release, and very, very grudgingly. CL no longer has my trust. mac