Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P5 script for default expanded parameter dials?

Svigor opened this issue on Sep 24, 2004 ยท 10 posts

hogwarden posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 5:20 PM

The expanded/not expanded states are specified in the cr2/pz3 in the P5 dial groups sections and I was sure that the current expanded states of the dial groups got saved with the file... (I'm not so sure without testing it...) but whenever the file is loaded the states will be set to those stored in whatever figure you load. Well I've been working on a program which will help with dial group issues... provisionally named DialGrouper, it should help out all those P5 users who find Daz's inability to accept Poser 5 as a valid Poser version as frustrating as I do! Unfortunately I've had to break off development to work on some other projects...:)) DG will allow you to set up "preferred" dial groups for each type of figure. Judy is really well laid-out morph wise. She has loads of dial group sections for each body part so wouldn't it be nice if all your V3 characters and figures in pz3's could be automatically fixed to match your "Preferred V3 Dial Group Template"? That's the idea with DG... you set up one character's dials into groups and DG will apply this template to whatever files you want. A natural part of the system will be specifying which groups are expanded at load-time. I should re-start development in a few weeks time... when my latest program has gone to press... Howard:))