Forum: Community Center

Subject: Apparent Policy of Renderosity as regards Women Merchants & Customers

ynsaen opened this issue on Sep 25, 2004 ยท 75 posts

BDC posted Sat, 25 September 2004 at 11:52 PM

"If ANY term is used as an attack on a member, it would not be allowed. The key here is the difference in the intended use. We are in fact talking about the name of a product, not an attack directed at a member. If "Juggs" or any other name, were used as part of an attack directed towards a member that would be a different set of circumstances entirely and would not be allowed." And lillian just how does a mod determine what someone's intentions are? Often times in the written word things can be taken a number of differing ways. And what happens when they "judge" someone's intentions to be something that they are not? Seems to me, what Renderosity is really saying then, in a very roundabout way, is that anything posted that some mod does not like gets pulled, and the person gets "warned" or "banned". I dont know about the rest of the community, but I for one am a little insulted that the ptb here do not think that we members, as adults, are capable of deciding what our "intentions" are or not, without having to have any input from some mod.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell