Forum: Community Center

Subject: Apparent Policy of Renderosity as regards Women Merchants & Customers

ynsaen opened this issue on Sep 25, 2004 ยท 75 posts

Towal posted Sun, 26 September 2004 at 12:31 AM

This kind of handling of people's concerns, along with the terse, canned, cold phrases of response, the "behind closed doors" so-called discussion by staff, the heavy-handed banning, locking, and moving of threads (with no followup link), and general apparent (note: apparent, as I don't know what the ACTUAL thoughts and feelings of the staff are because it's impossible to tell when they only use terse, canned, cold phrases) lack of sensitivity to perfectly valid concerns is precisely why there are now so many competing brokering houses and Poser/3D communities.

This kind of handling of people's concerns is also pretty much status quo for this "community" and one of the biggest reasons that I had boycotted buying anything here for 9 months.

If you even pay marginal attention the PTB are nearly always dismissive of member concerns until it becomes absolutely clear to them that it might actually have an impact on the site.

I suspect sometimes even through they say there is no impact there actually is and that is why we then see an about face on whatever issue it is.

They had been handling things at least marginally better from what I could see and I broke a 9 month boycott to buy Paradise Hair (which I ironically found out about via a "complaint" type thread in the copyright forum as I do not cruise the mp here).

Now I'm pretty much sorry I did, even though I absolutely love the hair and highly recommond it ;)

Fortunately for most products I have seen in the Product Showcase if I have PMed the merchant and explained that I would love to buy their product, but I won't buy from R'osity I have found that they sell at other places as well so I am still able to get products I would like and the merchants don't lose out by my not shopping here.