Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: improving those tiny dial labels

drhess opened this issue on Sep 28, 2004 ยท 11 posts

Svigor posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 11:21 AM

I guess this sort of thing is where Curious Labs got the name...as in, "mmm, that certainly is a curious thing for them to do!" Don't get me wrong, Poser is a wonderful app, but there are so very many little, tiny things that they need to fix. The dials are right up there on the list. Related is the bit where one can't customize whether param windows show dial groups as expanded or contracted (one can't customize anything in Poser, for that matter). The whole UI is designed with looking pretty as a higher priority than functionality - everything is low contrast grey. Just look at the hierarchy window - wouldn't it benefit with a bit of COLOR? Say, one color for eye icons set to visible, another for invisible? One color for locked actors, another for unlocked ones? Better yet a new icon to show lock status (with its own colors), so the part name can be colorized to show selection status. How about a second level of cascading in the body parts menu, so we get leg >buttock >thigh >shin >foot >toe instead of one giant menu that has to be scrolled because all the fingers and everything else is on it? Better yet, how about we get to set up the bloody hierarchy for the body parts drop-down ourselves, since it's just a silly little selection menu UI? I could practically write a book about this, and I've only been playing with Poser for under two weeks! This is kindegarten stuff. No algorithms, no math, nothing, just a bit of common sense and testing. It's not like I'm asking for real undo here. It gets me to wondering "WTF?" because they're such little, tiny, insignificant things for CL, but such chronic, nagging, annoying things for us. Hopefully the new management will fix all these problems that are so easily fixed for P6. Btw, does anyone know where to find the skinny on P6 - how far along, new features, etc?