Forum: Bryce

Subject: THE CRYSTAL PALACE CHALLENGE - VOTE HERE!

TheBryster opened this issue on Sep 29, 2004 ยท 68 posts

zandar posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 9:28 PM

" I'm taking into account the speed at which the scene was modeled (doesn't matter to most people, but as a modeler myself, it means a LOT), and the visual asthetics of the final image."

Maxxxmodelz, I agree in terms of speed and overall visualization, Drac wins. If both of them were working professionally as modelers and there was a deadline similar to the deadline of the contest, Drac would have more time to make any adjustments to the model as needed, or make any changes the director wanted to make well in advance of the deadline.

HOWEVER, that being said, this was a contest solely based on reproducing the original structure, not particularly about the final image itself (at least that's what I understood from previous posts). In that regard, Drac 'could' have, and probably should have, done more with his model being he had all the extra time left over. Errors like the one Moongoat illustrates above could have been corrected before the deadline.

So, even though I think they both did a fantastic job, I have to vote for accuracy.

Vote: Bryster.

Message edited on: 09/29/2004 21:37