Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: what can i sell?

drhess opened this issue on Oct 02, 2004 ยท 18 posts

Xena posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 7:56 PM

Simple answer is 'what would you buy?' I, personally, don't buy pose packs as a general rule. Figure if I need a pose I'll just edit a pre-exisiting one. But judging from the amount of pose packs in the various stores there seems to be a market for them. Give away some freebies to get yourself know in Poserland first ... start building your rep. Extremely hard work to go from photographs to textures. It isn't just a case of taking some photos, then applying them to your 3 character. If you like hard work, and are prepared to put yourself into it, you could become the next Morris or Dalanise of skin textures :) There isn't anywhere near as many GOOD male textures out there, and honestly female textures are a dim a dozen thesedays. I'd pay to get some more varied male textures. Standards .. .tricky question that. For one, it depends on what store you sell at. The only criteria to sell here is that the item works in Poser correctly. To sell at Poser Pros the item should be good quality, presented well and work correctly in Poser. I don't know about other merchant/brokers, but I have my own standards that I work to. And my team of beta testers make sure I stick to it :) I don't think I'd be making as much as I do if my work was below standard. There's nothing worse than buying a product that does not do as proclaimed, or is shoddy work covered up by spiffy promo images. This business is alot about reputation, so be aware that if your work is crap, the word will spread quite quickly. Don't limit yourself to one store. There are bunches of them and some are better than others. It's hard to give an average amount made within a 6 month period. Many factors change this through any given month. But I would say that a new seller makes less his/her first year. When I first began selling I was making pocket change. That was a few years ago. Now I make enough to support myself and my children. Hope that helps :)