Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: what can i sell?

drhess opened this issue on Oct 02, 2004 ยท 18 posts

pdxjims posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 8:35 PM

I second everything Xena said. Pose packs are everywhere, so someone buys them. Specialty pose packs don't sell as well as general ones, because you have to need the specialty pack for something, while a general one can be used as a basis for other poses. Textures are another story. A good photorealistic texture can bring anywhere from $10 to $30. They aren't easy to make, and often they the creator becomes enamored with what they can do in Photophop and adds too many effects. There's tons of good female textures, and much fewer male textures. I buy every good male texture I can find. One thing a lot of newbies forget is the more versitle your product, the wider the audience. If you do a make texture package, it'll sell better if it has a bearded face texture and a shaved face texture. It'll sell better if it has a clean body texture and a tatted texture. The same holds true for props and figures. The more morphs, the better it sells. Another area to look at may be clothing textures. Good clothing textures sell. They have to be detailed and rich looking though. Finally the best advice is to make some things and post them as freestuff. The first few things you do may not be the best quality. And quality counts when your putting Poser products up for sale. It's the repeat buyers who'll put food on the table. People will see that your work is improving, and be willing to invest in your first for-sale product. I made 5 freebie clothing sets for M2, a couple for Ichiro, and 1 for Koshini before I got brave enough to sell. But all the freebies were a good investment. People buy my stuff now with confidence because they've seen how my work has improved. I'm not a Xena yet, but give me time (grin).