Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: objects and the "not for commercial use" statment

spiffyandstuff opened this issue on Nov 19, 2000 ยท 89 posts

bantha posted Fri, 24 November 2000 at 2:49 PM

SOP > Thank you for using plain english. My mother language is german and i have trouble to understand your every-day speak. To all: I would see it at least as being impolite to use a "non-commercial" prop in a "commercial" render without asking for an okay. But since we discuss legal status... If i would render a commercial picture with an non-commercial prop, which law would be applicable? German or ammerican law? If you would try to fry me on an american court how would you enforce it? If you plan to bring the case for a german court, how much would you pay for that? Ist it Practcable? What if I'm not in Germany, but in Spain (as far as I know they have a lousy copyright law there), or in Russia? I think every artist has the right to state the do's and don't's for his freestuff. If you can't live with that, then remember that noone likes spoilsports. ( Spielverderber? ) But calling the judges will not help in many cases. Just my two cents. I plan to put things into free stuff as soon as my works are goon enough for that. I think I will add a GPL type licence for them, but I have no problems with the "no commecial use" stuff. Uwe Schmidt

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori