Forum: Fractals

Subject: Opinions please! Gallery Guidelines...

nickcharles opened this issue on Oct 04, 2004 ยท 132 posts

firefly posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 7:53 PM

Hi All, looks like you're all doing well. :) and I hope you truly are! Sorry to add to this fray, but I can't sit and lurk any longer on this topic. Simply, I miss not seeing artists like Longrider when I cruise the fractal gallery. It would be a delight to see some of Little Red's work gracing our community again. Searching for an "fractal" artist whose style I remember but whose name I do not is now impossible as so many images are going outside the fractal gallery. Learning from our wonderful fractal artists happens in this forum more than any other place. Mixed Media does not have a forum and if it did, there are so many other art types that "fractal" imaging conversations would not work as well as they do here. I can remember and thoroughly enjoyed old discussions on how art "mixtures" were created. How a fractal was pulled into bryce and caused a simple 3D image to become magnificent. Vclaszlo, Dreamwarrior, I feel for you both. This is going to be one tough decision. A decision that you can either bear the brunt of for many moons to come or one you can put to a vote and let each one of us deal with our own feelings on the subject. If it does come to a vote then please consider these definitions within our perceptions of "Fractal Art": Artist: A person whose work shows exceptional creative ability or skill Art: The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty Fractal: Many mathematical structures are fractals; e.g. Sierpinski triangle, Koch snowflake, Peano curve, Mandelbrot set and Lorenz attractor. Fractals also describe many real-world objects that do not have simple geometric shapes, such as clouds, mountains, turbulence, and coastlines. I know these discussions are sometimes upsetting but on the postive side we see each others opinions and reasonings (if we're lucky) and are thereby given an opportunity to grow within our understandings and even possibly our art just a little bit more. Well, am going back to lurking for a wee bit :) wave to me now and again!!