Forum: Fractals

Subject: Opinions please! Gallery Guidelines...

nickcharles opened this issue on Oct 04, 2004 ยท 132 posts

CriminallyInsane posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 2:03 PM

I thought I did...I'll try again. The truth is that there are a lot of people that just aren't proficient enough in their chosen fractal generator to make what they want and probably never will be. Whether it's a lack of time, patience, savvy or any other reason. Post-work balances the equation so they can put their vision on the screen. As far as i'm concerned as soon as you add a signature to an image you have post-worked it, unless you add it inside a fractal generator. Saving an image in one format and then converting it in an image editing software is also post-work. Putting a frame on an image in an image editing software is yet again post-work. So to say you are adamant on NO post-working is folly because you clearly are post-working. Trying to figure out a limit for post-work and laying down a set of rules is pointless because people view it from different perspectives. As far as i'm concerned if you used a fractal generator in the process of making an image then it deserves to be in the Fractal Gallery...Anything else is just a waste of my time. If people want to post fractals with poser figures or anything else in them then they are welcome to...If I or anyone else doesn't want to see them then they just don't have to look at them... Moving them from gallery to gallery is pointless. It takes the same amount of bandwidth wherever it is placed and just makes more work for people. If there's a fractal in it...It belongs here! Matt.