Forum: Fractals

Subject: Opinions please! Gallery Guidelines...

nickcharles opened this issue on Oct 04, 2004 ยท 132 posts

valcali posted Wed, 06 October 2004 at 2:46 PM

The topic of this thread is all the plugins, add-ins, and filters that are posted onto the image after rendered, or bring it in process in UF. Let's stick to the issues, please. I disagree that this thread is about filters and plugins...the way I read it it's about objects other than fractals being added in fractal compositions. If you have a landscape made out of different fractals and a poser figure dancing in the center of it the poser figure is what the image is about with the fractals just used as background....and if that landscape is made in UF using 5 layers of different fractals it's just as postworked as 5 layers of different fractals put together in PS. I don't think anyone has the right to tell me (or anyone else) that my work isn't as valid or artistic as theirs is because I use filters for different effects. I think an anonymous vote by the artists that post their work here is a perfect solution (some people are uncomfortable voicing their opinion). That way majority rules and not just a few that complain the loudest and Nick and Barbara can stop taking flak about being the ones who instituted the 'guidelines'. I happen to think it should all be posted here. So that's my weigh in...;o)

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be...
And you help them to become what they are capable of being.
                                                                ~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.