Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: objects and the "not for commercial use" statment

spiffyandstuff opened this issue on Nov 19, 2000 ยท 89 posts

spiffyandstuff posted Sun, 26 November 2000 at 7:51 PM

First, What's the pfo? Second, the questions is whether or not the modeler has the right to tell an artist what they can and cannot do with something that they give away for free. There's no specified agreement on any rules. When they GIVE it away they also GIVE up rights to it. Why do they have the right to tell someone what they can and cannot do with it. THEY GAVE IT AWAY! It was GIVEN to soemone else. why do they have the right to control it after they GAVE it away. I can't believe people think they have rights to something they GAVE away. I need something to do, i'm running low on ideas. Don't take offense to what i say, i'm just looking for soem conflict, it's fun. I don't know about anyone else but when i post a mean nasty comment i probably don't mean it, i'm just looking for a reaction, after i can't wait to see how people respond. In all reality i would propbably like most of you considering we share a strong common interest. And just so everyone knows, i don't use other people's objects at all if they are not for commercial use. I just thought it should be discussed. Don't forget to tell me what this pfo is, thanks