Forum: Community Center

Subject: Corel aquires Jasc Software

Debbie M. opened this issue on Oct 14, 2004 ยท 33 posts

AgentSmith posted Thu, 14 October 2004 at 5:00 PM

"Jasc customers can be assured that Corel will put the power of its significant R&D resources behind the Paint Shop family." **Exactly...as they did with Bryce? (of course, Corel knows 2D a lot better than they know 3D, it seems, so...) ---------- "Are there plans to integrate Jasc functionality into any of Corel's existing product lines? "We will, over time, evaluate how the rich product portfolios can be integrated to meet the evolving needs of our growing customer base. We anticipate that there will be potential, over the long term, to offer broader, integrated suites." **Anyone else see this as "not yet...but eventually/maybe PSP will be assimilated into Corel Paint"...? ---------- Yes, Corel has done well with "Painter", but imho, I think any company would do well with Painter, its a great program! PSP owners hang on, I do hope Corel treats you as well as they have Painter, and not repeat what they did with Bryce. (a nice upgrade followed by....years of nothing...) My hopes for success are with Corel and PSP owners.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"