Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Question for buyers about payment types

ynsaen opened this issue on Oct 19, 2004 ยท 28 posts

ynsaen posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 9:54 PM

I'm none too fond of the concept of someone having my credit card number either, lol. There's been too many situations I've come across where merchants holding those records are hacked or something and those numbers exposed. I'm asking really so we can all see what forms are popular -- and the folks posting here so far are some of the best and brightest around, so I know these are good posts. As the treasurer and whatnot of a small company myself, I've interested for personal reasons as well, of course -- I want to provide my customers with the same sort of thing I expect for myself -- which is options! Xena -- what do you think of 2checkout? I was looking at it and finding it interesting, and I've seen more than a few merchants using it. The others -- Paystone and Bitpass, for example, are pretty new -- not quite a year old yet. Paystone even gives you a call and checks up on you to make sure you're legit! Those two work mostly by you, as a customer, depositing funds into an account that is then drawn from when you make purchases. Their benefit is small amount sales -- quarters and the like -- for merchants with low fees and stuff. Not bad, but as noted, also not very well known. Paypal has horror stories of the same type that used to be said about banks prior to the depression. Meaning that it's pretty safe if you are watchful and careful (keep most of yer funds in the matress). So far it's pretty heavily on the side of paypal and direct debit/charge. Please, keep the posts coming, as I'm interested in knowing.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)