Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Product Thumb Images - nudity now acceptable?

libernull opened this issue on Oct 20, 2004 ยท 21 posts

BlueBeard posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 7:52 AM

This is an interesting question, I have been moving away from exposed skin in thumbnails, because I thought we were moving that direction. In pose sets, I use body MATs to illustrate the poses, so that we don't have that skin issue to deal with. In fact, I have set these up and given them away to my fellow merchants. Lately for the lace sets, I have been making them less transparent in the thumbnails, but I suppose I could not use any model, and leave the transparency at full for just the garmet, with a white background to show off the lace. But, it is a good question as to where to start and stop! I like many other merchants, want to get along, but I suppose we need feedback and a group concensus, however that is always hard to do, so this is where the staff comes in at Renderosity. I look forward to more discussion on this subject. I do believe that it might have been started, due to the fact that they were looking at things they could controll with the nudity flag checked. The thumbnails were one. This doesn't mean that it should be that way, just something that was possible. Of course, nudity is a sales tool, if one allows it, then everyone will be using it to get customer to look at their product. I, along with others will be interested in hearing more of this discussion!