Forum: Community Center

Subject: To comment or ....not to comment ...that is the question.

Doodles opened this issue on Oct 25, 2004 ยท 97 posts

Argon18 posted Mon, 25 October 2004 at 7:43 PM

also..remember the fine line between opinons and critisim. you should only post helpful comments to make the image better...not oh i dont like her outfit, or her hair should be blonde or i dont like that you put two girls in the picture. thats opinion and subject to the artists concepts and ideas. but if the lighting is off, or a boob is poking through, or something along those lines i dont think anyone should pad their egos as they will NEVER get better that way. its like telling a bad cook omg this is so tasty! your gaurenteed to be eatting crappy tasting food untill you come forward with the truth, and help them improve. I certainly agree with that and I wish I could see more of it, since it would surely help me improve my images. The sad part is that a lot of ppl don't seem to know the difference between opinions and helpful comments. I've gotten some like "that looks like a pan pizza" when it was clearly a firepit, how does that help improve the image? I guess a lot of ppl don't want to put the effort into thinking of something constructive to say and that's why most are the "Great image" and "nicely done!" type

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats