Forum: Community Center

Subject: To comment or ....not to comment ...that is the question.

Doodles opened this issue on Oct 25, 2004 ยท 97 posts

Hythshade posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 12:40 PM

I would like to chime in here. I personally welcome any crits on any of my images. I feel like sometimes though that I am on the recieving end of being one of those artists that get tons of oohhhs and ahhhhs on all of my artworks. Based on many of these conversations I have monitored since I have been a member it seems that if you get between 30-50 comments on your work that you are frowned upon. Based on what most people are saying those people don't deserve that many comments. Almost like it seems unfair to the other artists. I mean is that the consensus here? The other thing people complain about it seems is If you comment on someones art you are at risk of being a post slut...I may be confused here, but I thought the whole reason of displaying your work was to get feedback on your work. Not all of us comment on work because they need to solicit comments on thier own gallery. Sometimes those oohhhs and ahhhs are well deserved, and I for one don't think you should have to apologize for recognizing someones hard work. That's just my 2 cents. Thanks Michael