Forum: Community Center

Subject: To comment or ....not to comment ...that is the question.

Doodles opened this issue on Oct 25, 2004 ยท 97 posts

cagewench posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 5:03 PM

The prob with the Hot 20 (in a number of the communities) is that often they turn into more of a popularity contest than an actual reflection of artitic merit. My suggestion in the Poser thread I mentioned in my previous post was... "As for the Hot 20, well, that seems a lil more difficult. Do we really NEED a "Hot 20"? We've already got the "Most Viewed" link, perhaps though the "Most viewed" should have a bit of tweaking... Most Viewed subfield: by day, by week, my month, by year and all time viewing" Because things can get tons of views even if they don't get tons of votes... I post in the writer's gallery, because that's my medium. We don't usually see as many posts as any of the other galleries that I've looked at and our Top 20 tends to be more varied day by day though, overall, it is dominated by one of the other writers. That's cool because I know that since there are so few posts in our gallery that most of us just look at the main gallery page and look at everything. However; I have stopped browsing the Top 20 in Poser because it is often dominated by the same ppl, and multiple images by the same ppl. I will browse through the first few pages of new stuff and look for eye-catching thumbnails and go from there, plus look at my fav artists notifications. I would really like it if the Top 20 was indicative of cool, innovative stuff all the time, but it's really not. Even if say an artist had multiple images being voted for, wouldn't it be nicer if they only appeared once on the Top 20? Perhaps all votes for a certain artist could only equal one place on the Hot 20 and then if you clicked on their name (or some thumbnail) it would open straight to their gallery, that would at least give some of the other Poser artists more of a chance to get on that list. And, like I say, I know NOTHING about Poser, I just like the stuff in that gallery... cara