Forum: Photography

Subject: Opinions requested on Gallery Content

Misha883 opened this issue on Oct 26, 2004 ยท 76 posts

Tedz posted Tue, 26 October 2004 at 8:46 PM

It took Me over a Year how to Learn the Basics of Photoshop Elements, as it was not configuring in My Old Brain, yet, the ideas I had, I could do in seconds 35 Years ago with Double Exposures....even Developing My Own Film. I see the Statements on some "Postings"...."NO POSTWORK"....just like a stand against Rock'n'Roll by those of the Bing Crosby era....as it would be the Ruination of Mankind. I see "Postwork" as an "Everyday Element" of Digital Photography, and realize the skill of many "Postworked Images" and how it changes them from a "Snapshot" into a Modern Photographic Image, whether that be "Sharpening" , "Tinting", "Filters"....even Leveling the Horizons....so the Sea doesn't run out of Your Monitor, should You not get it straight. I too feel that Manipulation is part of the Digital Era.....and, will continue to believe and support....if it looks like a Photo....it is. However.....I also believe, that it should be Ones "Own" Photography, not "Stock Photos", but, if a Subject, for instance, is Photographed....and there is a Bill Board....a Mural....a Bus with Advertising Posters in the background, it would be inane to expect it goes into a different Gallery. Photographers....Unite! Postwork is here to stay...throw away Your Box Brownies....and Join the Revolution! "We shall not be moved We shall not be moved Just like a Tree standing by the Water side Oh, we shall not be moved!" Peace :]