Forum: Photography

Subject: Opinions requested on Gallery Content

Misha883 opened this issue on Oct 26, 2004 ยท 76 posts

Mikan posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 1:19 AM

I probably agree with the most part of the comments, mostly agree with Synapse,logiloglu,Kropot... and since I was involved in this kind of discussion - a thread posted in forum on 9/12/04 18:19 - with a work of mine (http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=761928&Start=19&Artist=Mikan&ByArtist=Yes) I have to say that... *Photo manipulations - belongs to photography gallery, as Photoshop is the dark-room of the 21th century; *Images containing 2D elements & 3D elements - as long as we still talk about the photos and not about the frames (that can be easily interpretated as 2D or 3D elements - check the link above to see the subject of my thread!), that kind of works should be posted in 2D gallery or Mixed Medium; *Photographs that have been heavily changed - I use to postwork a lot some of my images but I post many of my original photos without a single touch of postwork; I do not mind if a new gallery would be placed here and named - Original Photos; the other one should be Manipulated Photos; *Stock photography - ABSOLUTELY NOT, ABSOLUTELY NOT!(should be posted in 2D gallery!) I've seen some posts with photos copied from another sites or smth like that, but this kind of works were never been moved to another galleries; I know, I know - it's impossible to control everything on the site, the photo gallery being so BIG and it's impossible for the moderators to see all the uploads...I've became kinda sick seeing pictures with some movie-stars/celebrities (with a little postwork) posted in photo gallery... BUT, of course, we could use OUR OWN STOCK photographies, as we are the owner of them! :) *And I agree with the point of view of zhounder (about historical photos) saying few lines ahead that "Family memories (...) should be left to the forum. There they can be shared and discussed. The gallery is more for our achievements and our milestones." Respectfully, Mihai. A kingdom for your thoughts...